Friday, October 21, 2016

NaNoWriMo – Week -1

Word Count:  0

Until a few weeks ago, I only knew 3 things about the National Novel Writing Month, or as it is known, NaNoWriMo. 
  1. Its objective is to write a 50,000-word novel in a month, November specifically.  That's what caught my attention.
  2. Whoever came up with the acronym, well, let's just say it's not what I would have chosen.  So, I poked some fun...I mean, I posted some serious suggestions on this blog.  They haven't adopted any of them yet.
  3. It's something my son has done that I have not.  And of course, what Dad wants that, at least any time before he's 90 and the son is going to run with the bulls at Pamplona.  So, starting November 1, 2016, I'm correcting this situation.
Consider this my Week -1 post on NaNoWriMo 2016.
I thought about posting my progress each day.  But then, having feeds to Amazon Author Central, Google+, and Goodreads, as well as emails that say:

Nov. 1:  1,231 words
Nov. 2:  2,046 words
Nov. 3:  163 words
It could get a little old.  So, I’m planning a (more or less) weekly progress post, which will be limited to date, words written, and maybe a few comments about my aching wrists or blurry vision.  It’ll be short and sweet; after all, I can’t waste some good verbiage on anything that doesn’t count toward my 50,000.  
But for those who cannot stand the stress of not knowing, I’ve also created a NaNoWriMo page that will have the daily count (page updates don’t go out to everyone, like posts).  I even plan to put portions of this hastily created masterpiece on that page as I go along.  That should be entertaining!  And before you ask – why am I claiming X words when the page has a lot fewer.  Let me just say, the prose needs a little time to breath…and I need to make sure I don’t want to double back and dump it all before I post it.

Happy NaNoWriting,
BmP

Picture by mpclemens from Pleasant Hill, United States (NaNoWriMo: the home front) (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)]

No comments :

Post a Comment