Saturday, November 12, 2016

NaNoWriMo – Day 12


NaNoWriMo Objective:  Write a 50,000-word novel during the month of November

My Word Count as of the End of the Writing Day, November 11:  20,433

So far, so good.  I’m a bit ahead of schedule, but again, I expect that slack to disappear over Thanksgiving, when it’s unlikely that I’ll write anything for a day or two.

For those of you wondering about the lull around Day 9 – was it just a day off, perhaps?  No, actually, I produced negative words that day.  I’m not sure about anyone else, but writing is not necessarily a linear process for me.  My characters sometimes go off on a tangent, and I have to reel them back in.  That’s what happened on Day 9 – several things I had tried weren’t working and got cut.  Then, things picked up again on Days 10 and 11.

I also promised some excerpts from the first draft, and today, I’m posting the first chapter on the NaNoWriMo Daily Progress tab.  Comments are appreciated, because this is pretty much what one of my beta readers will see when this manuscript is complete.

Happy writing,
BmP

No comments :

Post a Comment