Saturday, November 26, 2016

NaNoWriMo – Day 26

NaNoWriMo Objective:  Write a 50,000-word novel during the month of November

My Word Count as of the End of the Writing Day, November 25:  48,434

I guess for a writer of suspense and mystery stories, I haven’t done too well in real life. 

Yes, I have less than a typical day’s worth of writing left toward the 50,000-word goal, and five days to complete it.  At this point, I could write ‘The End’ 783 times and be done…not that that’s the plan, but I could.  Actually, the plan is to finish the first draft, which I would guess will be around 55,000 words.

At this point, I can say this book has been fun to write.  They all have been, in different ways.  This one, in particular, was a chance to try my hand at a faster paced thriller, with a touch of humor and a bit of romance.  But that’s one of the nice things about writing; a book in a new genre is just a story concept away.

What now, you may ask?  Beta reads; reviewing, revising, and editing; and then to publishing.  It will still be a few months before this book is out on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and elsewhere.  But these much less interesting parts of the publishing process will get done.

I will have one more NaNoWriMo post, sometime after the end of the month, to give you the last word count and my final thoughts on the activity. 
Happy Writing,
BmP