Tuesday, December 6, 2016

You Have to Be Kidding

I generally reserve this blog for writing news – book reviews, new releases, promotions, etc.  And I guess I am guilty of stretching that a bit, when I blog about hiking (i.e., my ‘walking for words’ posts) or when I posted about the Panera’s moving out (one of my creative hangouts).  So, I guess this post is really about what a NaNoWriter finds when he comes out of the house after a month spent writing inside. 

And what he finds is…inexplicable.  The city is planting trees directly under some type of service lines.  The trees they are planting are already so tall that by tomorrow, they’ll need to be out trimming them.
 
And what, you may ask, is the long-term outlook for these new additions to the streetscape.  Not more than 50 feet away is a line of U-shaped trees, where the middle has been cut out to allow the service lines to pass untouched.  Is there really any horticulturalist who believes it’s a good idea to be planting trees here?

I guess there's got to be a book in there somewhere.

Happy writing,
BmP
 

No comments :

Post a Comment