Saturday, October 20, 2018

Cover Release & Early Praise for Retroscape

Final preparations for the November 5 release of Killer in the Retroscape:  A Near-Future Mystery are well underway, including a final version of the cover.  Hope you like it!

I also received the first editorial review of the book and I'm pleased to share it.

"A compelling mystery set in a superbly-constructed future world."
A ‘Wishing Shelf’ Book Review, www.thewsa.co.uk

More of the Review:  "I loved the film, Bladerunner. I also loved the story it was based in by Philip K. Dick. You see, I find the future; what might or might not happen fascinating. In terms of Electric Sheep, Earth's life has been greatly damaged by nuclear global war and robots (skin jobs) are hunted down by Bladerunners. Now, Killer in Retroscape is very different to Philip K. Dick’s novel in terms of ‘what the future holds for mankind’, but I still thought it had a lot in common.

Like Electric Sheep, this novel is sweeping in scope. As the Author Note at the end says, Killer in the Retroscape looks at machine intelligence, engineering, medicine and, amongst other things, psychology all in a world set in 2068. Pretty impressive! But, has the author managed to do all this and still offer the reader a thrilling plot and interesting characters to follow?

Well, I’m delighted to say…YES! In fact, I was thoroughly absorbed in the novel.”

No comments :

Post a Comment